ABOUT M.P WINDFARMS LTD (MPWL)
Economic and efficient implementation and operation of Wind Power Project calls for high quality technical input in terms of identification of site, micrositing of WEG, grid evacuation etc. Qualified and experienced staff is also needed to ensure trouble-free and efficient operation and maintenance.
To facilitate investment for Wind Electricity Generation by small Investors, a Joint Sector Company – M.P.Windfarms Limited (MPWL) was promoted to provide :
- Comprehensive design, engineering, project supervision and implementation services along with necessary infrastructure facilities at most reasonable cost.
- To provide lifetime operation and maintenance services in a most cost effective manner through highly competent team of engineers and technicians
With such resource available from one single agency, the Investors are required to only arrange for investment.
M.P. Windfarms Ltd is a Joint Sector (Public Limited) Company promoted as per Guidelines of MNRE(Ministry of New & Renewable Energy) Govt. of India under an MOU between & by –
- Consolidated Energy Consultants Ltd (CECL) – (51% equity) the pioneer consultants in the field of wind energy in India having rendered services to the Ministry of Non-conventional Energy Sources (MNES), Various State Nodal Agencies, The World Bank, Asian Development Bank, DANIDA & several Private windfarm owners, etc. CECL nominates six Directors including the Managing Director.
- M.P. Urja Vikas Nigam (MPUVN) – (25% equity) the nodal agency of M.P. State Government.MPUVN nominates three Directors out of which Managing Director of MPUVN is the Ex-Officio Chairman.
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) – (24% equity) – the sole outfit under the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Government of India, for promoting and financing of renewable energy projects. IREDA nominates two Directors, one of them is Director (Wind Power) of MNRE.
The Company was incorporated in October 1994.
MODUS OPERANDI :
For Wind Farm Projects, MPWL provides all engineering services and project co-ordination right from design to commissioning which includes preparation of DPR and Detailed construction drawings, Bill of materials, Execution of Civil and electrical works, Supervision of erection and commissioning etc.
After implementation, MPWL operate and maintain the turbines (Wind Electric Generators – WEG) for lifetime (Project life 20 years). MPWL charges a fixed amount owners (investor) of the WEGs for manpower provided for operation and maintenance, which works out to be very cheap in view of large number of turbines installed in a windfarm.
A large number of turbines are connected to a metering point and the entire electricity generated is fed to the grid of MPSEB. The total energy delivered to MPSEB grid is apportioned on per turbine basis as per actual meter reading of individual WEG.
The cost of consumables and minor spares are charged on actual basis. Major spares are directly procured by the Investor but necessary assistance is provided by MPWL.
Since the cost of common infrastructure of windfarm e.g. road, grid etc. is equally apportioned, the project cost works out to be cheaper. The cost of manpower for operation and maintenance is also much lower in MPWL Project.
The true single window services, provided by MPWL, has been highly appreciated by the Investors. It is really a hassle free implementation and operation for small Investors.
ACHIEVEMENT – TECHNICAL :
- The Company implemented the first project of 13 MW Wind Power Project at Jamgodrani Hills near Dewas of Bhopal-Indore Highway during 1995-1999, comprising of 225 kW WEGs. Operation & Maintenance of the Wind Power Project was carried out by MPWL.The project has completed its 20 years life, and the repowering is under consideration at the site.
- The second 15 MW project with 25 Nos 600 kW WEGs was implemented between 2005-2008 at Nagda Hills, Near Dewas.The WEGs are operated and maintained by the WEG Supplier. The infrastructure is maintained by MPWL.
- The Company along with CECL provided consultancy services on Turnkey basis to ONGC for 51MW Wind Power Project in Gujarat.
- The Company along with CECL also provided Consultancy services to IREDA/MNRE for Re-powering of old Demonstration windfarm projects.
- The Company provided Consultancy services to ONGC for feasibility study of Wind-Solar Hybrid System in Massorie and Goa.
- The Company along with CECL has provided Consultancy Services to Petronet LNG Ltd for development of Wind Power Project.
The ideal model of windfarm as was developed by MPWL at Jamgodrani site is now being universally followed by all WEG manufacturers to provide Turn-key solution.